January 31, 2012

Aloha to My Immune System

I am Coia's sandpapery throat.  *hack, hack*  Stupid cold.  I'm on the couch watching game shows with Ty and feeling my head bounce on the ceiling.  My nose is stuffed like a turkey and I keep getting light-headed.  Damn you, seasonal cold.  I hope you get a virus, you and your computer!

We had a fallen soldier in the fish tank.  One of my roommate's swordtails had bitten the dust.  He figured it was me adding water to the tank combined with the move a month ago.  I asked him how old it was, he had no idea.  I asked him how long he had it, again, another shrug.  I love how men keep track of things.

Louis informed me today that if a giant fish-man broke into the house and tried to attack me, he would punch it in the face.  It's nice to know I'm covered, but I do live a bit far from the ocean.  Like 1,200 miles or so.  I love children's imaginations, especially my bloodthirsty little monster.  The sweet boy that he is, of course.  He is a really good kid, but sometimes he does things that make me say, "I understand that there were several different impulses that came together for this situation, but for the life of me I have no idea what they could be."  Like the time my son walked into my mother's kitchen with a transforming car-thingie snapped around his penis.  Or the time I saw him tie his penis around the neck of one of his dinosaurs.  Or about a half to a third of the things he does, since he's 5 yrs old.  It's like living with a midget on a permanent acid trip.

Speaking of people on permanent acid trips, how about Newt Gingrich?  Planning out the society of people on the moon when we haven't been there in say, a minute, is crazy.  Not to mention the fact that there is no current proven technology to keep people alive for a long period of time in a self-sustaining fashion.  I love how Newt is the conservative golden boy with their long history of "family values".  He's on his, what, 5th wife?  And how many mistresses?  Mudslinging, and a sideshow is all he's good for.  I predict he's a stalking horse.

Oooooh, Mr. Mitt Romney you done fuuuuuckered up.  I do think the whole, "I don't make much ($350,000+) a year from speeches."  Is as much of a big deal as people have blown it out of proportion, when some other presidential campaigners have had personal estates in the billions.  I understand, perhaps, compared to other candidates that is small change.  To many American families, including my own, that is far more money than we will see this year.  Hell, than me, boyfriend, and roommate will see in 5 years.  The question is, what does he do with that money?  The answer seems to be, put it in the Cayman Islands and refuse to release your tax returns like most other campaigners already have.  Hmmm.  But have no fear folks, he isn't hiding anything. Riiiiiiiight.  And then you do release them, and they don't make any sense.  Why?!? But I guess I'm just repeating the same thing everyone else is.

Big problem: Mitt Romney thinks Gay people should just choose to not be Gay.  Great.  The last thing this country needs is one more person in power choosing how the populace should live their lives.  The Romneys seem to believe that sending gay children to un-gay camp is a healthy option, when all it seems to lead to is "relapse" and depression, possibly suicide.  Pray away your gay kiddos!  That probably has something to do with why they have been thumbs down by the medical establishment.  And now the anti-gay, pro gay flip flopping comes out, as it was reported that Mitt was in charge of a LGBT group to help cut down on suicides, which he disbanded in his run for president.

When is a presidential candidate going to come along that will care about all of their constituents?  It sickens me the way most people in power in this country seem to be so careless with their responsibilities.  They make short-term decisions that benefit their greed, and screw the American people.  The only reason they get away with it, is most of us have no idea what to do about it.  Or, are not paying attention.  IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment