January 10, 2014

Happy New Year! I'm Drinking All Day!

It's a new year, and my kitchen is still dirty.  Every year I expect there to be a plastic wrapping around the world, like I can run around and unwrap my life that was magically dry cleaned in the night.  I want to wake up to children and a dog in plaid pajamas, with my husband, in front of our marble fireplace.  My handsome husband.  Handsome and the prince of a small Caribbean island with lots of money and no pirates.  Or whatever.  Don't get me wrong of course, I love my boyfriend and love my relationship with him, but him suddenly becoming the prince of a small prosperous island would be freakin' awesome.

Let's look at some of what made 2013, well, a year that ends in 13 for sure.  Rick Ross is suing LMFAO Because he thinks that his song:





Is being ripped off by this song:




Apparently, Mr. Ross is under the impression that "Everyday I'm shuffling."  at 3:40 in the LMFAO video is the same as the "Everyday I'm hustlin'." in his song.  My opinion, they sound nothing the same.  At this point in the music industry it is ridiculous to sue over 3 words being similar.  There are so many songs with words at this point it is going to be difficult to stay true to a particular music style without copying, its impossible to write anything without some of the words being similar. 

Someone always has to get pissy about dudes in banana hammocks.






































































No comments:

Post a Comment