September 16, 2012

Libya is burning due to crappy filmaking

Have you seen the anti-Islamic video that started the riots in Africa?  See the video here  This is, in my opinion, totally crazy.  This video looks like a racist version of Monty Python's Life Of Brian only less in production values and it makes less sense.  The (mostly) obviously Caucasian actors are painted Snooki orange and really are bad at their craft.  The video has no storyline, other than insulting the Prophet Muhammad.  Actually, in the end of the video one of the characters says things that are actually true, but they are true about the American Christian movement.  "Every non-Muslim is an infidel.  Their lands, their women, their children are our spoils!"  Cue the gratuitous sword slashing.  Seriously, this thing is terrible.  In fact the only reason I watched the whole thing was to figure out what was so inflammatory, rather than just stupid.  They say in this "film" that Prophet Muhammad was both a child molester of girls and gay.  Now don't get me wrong here, but don't gay people generally have sex with members of the same sex?  Hmmm.   I'm not saying it isn't possible that someone could have predilections toward both men and little girls, but that seems very strange.  There hasn't even been a Law & Order SVU episode about it, and they've done pretty much everything.  As for calling someone a child molester, in the time of the bible a person was an adult at 13.  That "girl" looked about 30.  Here is a question for you, how much do you know about Islam and/or the Prophet Muhammad?  My answer was, Uhhhhhhh, not much.  The way I understand it (BBC explains Islam) the Prophet Muhammad is a man of God, the same as Jesus and Abraham.  So why are we fighting again?  Oh, right.  Some ignorant dumb fuck talked crap on the internet, and some other people saw it and became seriously pissed about it.  Do we really need to burn building and kill people to express anger at some random dumbass?  I understand the rage at people who talk crap on the internet, but seriously world, I think the Americans handle it best.  We make angry remarks on their comments page (with some insults thrown in) and thumbs down their video.  Hell, we make fake accounts to thumbs down something several times.  Unethical, but true.  Burning down buildings over an obviously racist, blackface, terrible movie seems a bit excessive to me though.  Just saying.

Other Stuff Happened This Week Too

I am trying desperately to get organized.  This is not working the way I want it to.  Meaning no one has shown up to do it for me.  Which is awful because I seriously suck at this.  

I made meatloaf!  Get the recipe here.  I added home grown tomatoes and balsalmic vinegar.  Awesome!  Marcus almost cried, he loves meatloaf.   Tristyn said it was gross until I told him it was smashed baked beetles, then it was suddenly his favorite.  I love placating my five year old boy sometimes, but it can get gross.

So Tristyn asked me the other day who Mitt Romney was.  Appaerently he heard me ranting to Marcus (who says he doesn't understand politics because he thinks they don't affect him) and wondered who this person was.  So, I explained that I don't like him because he is not nice to animals and is trying to boss me around.  It can be hard to have the entire woman's liberation movement and reproductive rights movement flash through your head and "being bossy" is all you can come up with.  Mr. Romney (because even though I don't believe the man is very smart but that is no reason to be rude to him) is trying to say I have to do what he says, because he says so.  He is not my boss, and should not get to say whether I get to go to the doctor and what for.


So, may you have the same hope that the Chinese people stopping trucks taking dogs to slaughterhouses.  There will be a better day!




No comments:

Post a Comment