February 17, 2015

Good Morning Ya'll!

It's a new year again!  Well, it was.  I have been off, on a refocus mission in my life.  Have you ever sat down and actually thought about what is important in your life?  A re-evaluation of self, the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?  42.  And that's life.  So, I did.  And it sent me into a spiraling depression.  I mean, bad.  I see the sun again, and it's a good day.  I'm throwing a review/recommendation at you today, just know I am not getting paid or compensated in any way for this.  At least, not by the website.  I do get compensated if you click on the ads on here, which makes you instantly cooler (at least to me.  Because you're contributing to the future dream of me paying for my own internet.  Thank Goddess for library wifi.) and goes to a totally good cause, me!  :)  I digress...

The Flylady is amazing!  I really can't say enough good things about this TOTALLY FREE website.  This is basically a system for people that aren't organized or have too much going on (anyone with kids, I'm looking at you) and need to get control of their worlds.  I was a work from home/ part time student/ single mom of a toddler while watching my niece 12 hrs a day, also a toddler.  The kids were clean, but I and my house were a nightmare.  I'm not horrified at the thought of someone needing to use my bathroom anymore!  I've never been organized in my entire life.  I used to say i organized in piles.  Yeah, that's a huge lie.  I just tried to keep a rolling inventory of everything I owned and where i put it.  Easy when you're homeless and all of your possesions fit in a backpack, impossible to insanity-making for a student with an apartment, forget the kid's stuff.  I shudder just thinking about it.  I had a wonderful friend suggest the site, and I said theres no way this can work, its too easy.  Just one new thing a day for a month.  Simple stuff, and nothing over 15 minutes.  Most of it takes 2-3 minutes.  IT REALLY IS THAT EASY!!!  Seriously, come over to my house and see my shiny sink, clean bathroom, bedroom floor (I forgot the carpets weren't made of clothing) and my kitchen table.  Yes, I have an actual table, not just a base for the horrifying amount of paperwork and flyers for everything from boy scouts to pizza sculpture in my kitchen!  Please help yourself, it is so easy and fun!  Love yourself and don't be ashamed of your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment